The Forenza Prima violins are designed to give a student the finest potential start to their music career. Designed with leading string educators in the UK to create a new standard in both quality and value, they integrate technical specification with a precise set up to provide a superior violin.
The hand carved Prima bodies feature solid ebony fingerboards and inlaid purfling, and are made from selected tone woods. Ebony pegs, nuts and saddles, are fitted as standard, together with high calibre (rope core) strings and metal tailpieces with integral adjusters.
But not only do you get a top quality violin, also you get a lightweight case with integral cover, accessory pockets and carrying straps. The wood bow with ebony frog is of a high quality as is the rosin, giving you a complete outfit to start your violin career.
Available in 1/2, 1/10, 1/8, 1/4 and 3/4 sizes.
In very approximate terms, violin sizes for different aged children are as follows.
- 1/10th 4-5 Yrs
- 1/8th 5-6 Yrs
- 1/4 6-7 Yrs
- 1/2 8-9 Yrs
- 3/4 10-11 Yrs
- Full Size 12 Yrs and older.
Features / Specification:
- Solid, carved, spruce table.
- Solid, carved, maple back and ribs.
- Solid, carved, maple neck.
- Individual hand shaping and finishing.
- Traditional inlaid purfling.
- Ebony fingerboard.
- This does not include a shoulder rest.
- Good quality bridge.
- Ebony top nut.
- Alloy tailpiece with integral adjusters.
- Adjustable nylon tailgut.
- Ebony pegs.
- Teka pattern hardwood chin rest.
- Rope core strings.
- Strong wood bow with ebony frog.
- Natural white horsehair.
- Good quality screw, eye and ferrule.
- Traditional wedge fitting for hair.
- Lightweight case with blue integral cover, featuring luminous “safety strips”.
- Fitted interior with soft velvet type lining, accessory pocket and two bow holders.
- Music pocket covering whole lid.
- External shoulder rest pocket.
- Dust cover.